I love making these because my son loves helping me in the kitchen and he’s always excited about meatballs. And getting him to sit still long enough to eat a meal, is an accomplishment. Whether we’re having spaghetti and meatballs or meatball sandwiches, I have a happy boy which makes me a happy mama.
I found a really easy recipe a while ago that didn’t call for 5 different kinds of meats, 100 ingredients and I didn’t need any breadcrumbs. It called for saltines instead! I’m way more likely to have saltines in my pantry than I am breadcrumbs so that was perfect for me. My son loves being able to crumble these up, so if you have little ones too, this is a great way that they can help and it keeps them busy and happy.
Quick and Easy Meatballs
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 6 Saltine Crackers
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- Preheat a cast iron skillet to medium heat and preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Dump all your ingredients in a bowl and use your hands to mix, until combined. Don’t over mix.
- Now make your meatballs. You can make these whatever sizes you’d like. I divide mine up into 12 balls which are about 1-2 inches.
- Slightly brown these in your skillet, flipping twice.
- Once browned, place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Finish cooking by placing in the spaghetti sauce of your choice for another 15-20 minutes and serve over your favorite pasta or grab a hoagie roll and mozzarella for a meatball sandwich!
Try this with my favorite spaghetti sauce! And start making the sauce first so it’s ready by the time the meatballs come out of the oven.
One Comment Add yours