I love making these because my son loves helping me in the kitchen and he’s always excited about meatballs. And getting him to sit still long enough to eat a meal, is an accomplishment. Whether we’re having spaghetti and meatballs or meatball sandwiches, I have a happy boy which makes me a happy mama.
I found a really easy recipe a while ago that didn’t call for 5 different kinds of meats, 100 ingredients and I didn’t need any breadcrumbs. It called for saltines instead! I’m way more likely to have saltines in my pantry than I am breadcrumbs so that was perfect for me. My son loves being able to crumble these up, so if you have little ones too, this is a great way that they can help and it keeps them busy and happy.
Quick and Easy Meatballs
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 6 Saltine Crackers
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- Preheat a cast iron skillet to medium heat and preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Dump all your ingredients in a bowl and use your hands to mix, until combined. Don’t over mix.
- Now make your meatballs. You can make these whatever sizes you’d like. I divide mine up into 12 balls which are about 1-2 inches.
- Slightly brown these in your skillet, flipping twice.
- Once browned, place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Finish cooking by placing in the spaghetti sauce of your choice for another 15-20 minutes and serve over your favorite pasta or grab a hoagie roll and mozzarella for a meatball sandwich!
Try this with my favorite spaghetti sauce! And start making the sauce first so it’s ready by the time the meatballs come out of the oven.