I first learned how to make monkey bread in my 7th grade home ec class. I had never even heard of it but I was immediately in love with it and started making it all the time. The base recipe is pretty simple so it’s really easy to add whatever flavor you want. I chose berries because they tend to cut the sweetness of all the sugar, but you can honestly do this with anything, or just stick with the original version and leave the berries out completely.
Mixed Berry Monkey Bread
- 2 8-Count Cans of Big Biscuits
- ⅓ Cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp Butter
- ⅔ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Assorted Frozen Berries
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Cut your biscuits into fours and place in a zip lock bag with the sugar and cinnamon. Shake until completely coated.
- In a saucepan, melt your butter and whisk in your brown sugar. Cook for about a minute. Add in your mixed berries and stir until no longer frozen.
- Spoon the berries, from your sauce, into the bottom of a bundt pan. Add a layer of your biscuits and drizzle with half of your remaining sauce. Add a second layer of biscuits and drizzle with your remaining sauce.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool 5-10 minutes before flipping over onto a serving plate.